- 4 1/2-inch-thick bone-in pork chops (4 to 6 oz. each)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, optional
- calories 410
- fat 26 g
- satfat 9 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 28 g
- carbohydrate 17 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 88 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 961 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Pat chops dry and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
Melt butter with oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add chops and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate; pour off all but 1 Tbsp. fat from pot. Add onion and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Pour in broth, increase heat to high and stir to remove any browned bits from bottom.
Return chops to pot and add apples. Reduce heat to medium, cover pot and cook until chops are tender and apples are softened, about 30 minutes. Serve chops topped with apples, onion and parsley, if desired.