This was very good. I made it with chicken thighs because that is what I had. Did not use flour or apples. Used about 1 tsp dried thyme. Cooked it on the stove for about 30 minutes after adding the sweet potato. Very tasty and not at all mushy. Will likely make this again because my husband loves sweet potatoes.
Braised Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes and Apples
Photo: Kate Sears
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 435
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Sodium: 797mg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in, center-cut pork chops (6 to 8 oz. each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large sweet potatoes, about 8 oz. each, peeled, cut into wedges
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, halved, cored, cut into wedges
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Dredge chops in seasoned flour, shaking off excess.
- 2. Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to slow cooker. Add onion to skillet and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes. Pour in broth, increase heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring to pick up any browned bits on bottom. Pour over pork chops in slow cooker.
- 3. Scatter sweet potatoes and apples around chops. Add thyme, cover and cook on low until tender, about 3 hours, or on high for 1 1/2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine