Braised Pepper Bruschetta
Here, bell peppers are cooked down until they become quite soft and sweet. Prep and Cook Time: 35 minutes.
Yield: Makes topping for 8 bruschettas
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 149
- Calories from fat: 72%
- Protein: 1.6g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 9.6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 334mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 red, yellow, or orange sweet bell peppers, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- Basic Bruschetta
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add peppers, garlic, and salt. Cook until peppers are very soft and sweet but not brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in basil and let mixture cool to room temperature. Spoon onto bruschettas and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving with bruschetta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note