Braised Pearl Onions
Prep: 11 minutes; Cook: 27 minutes.
This recipe goes with Mediterranean Mussels with Celery Root and Pearl Onions
Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 30 white pearl onions, peeled
- 6 dried chili de arbol or 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 1/2 cups white fish stock or broth
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1. Heat oil in a large skillet until hot; add onions. Sauté 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Add chili de arbol, bay leaves, and thyme; cook 1 minute. Add white wine, and cook until reduced by half.
- 3. Add fish stock. Bring mixture to a boil; cook 25 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated. Add butter to pan, stirring until melted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note