Braised Pearl Onions
Prep: 11 minutes; Cook: 27 minutes.
This recipe goes with Mediterranean Mussels with Celery Root and Pearl Onions
Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 30 white pearl onions, peeled
- 6 dried chili de arbol or 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 1/2 cups white fish stock or broth
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1. Heat oil in a large skillet until hot; add onions. Sauté 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Add chili de arbol, bay leaves, and thyme; cook 1 minute. Add white wine, and cook until reduced by half.
- 3. Add fish stock. Bring mixture to a boil; cook 25 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated. Add butter to pan, stirring until melted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This