- 4 lamb shanks (6 pounds)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 (12-ounce) cans stout ale
- 2 (11.5-ounce) cans apricot nectar
- 2 garlic bulbs, halved
- 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt or table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Mashed potatoes
- Garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs
How to Make It
Dredge lamb shanks in flour; brown on all sides in hot oil in a large skillet. Place lamb in a large roasting pan; add ale and next 5 ingredients.
Bake, covered, at 375° for 2 hours. Uncover and bake 1 more hour. Skim fat from drippings.
Serve lamb shanks and drippings with mashed potatoes. Garnish, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Guinness Stout.