Braised Lamb with Picholine Olives
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 354
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 37.6g
- Carbohydrate: 21.7g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 109mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 616mg
- Calcium: 56mg
- 3 pounds lamb shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 large red onion, vertically sliced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup picholine olives, pitted
- 4 cups hot cooked couscous
- 1 preserved lemon, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of lamb to pan. Cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Place lamb in a 5-quart electric slow cooker. Repeat procedure with remaining lamb.
- 2. Add coriander, onion, and tomatoes to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- 3. Add olives. Turn off slow cooker; let stand, covered, 30 minutes.
- 4. Place couscous in shallow bowls. Spoon lamb mixture over couscous. Garnish with preserved lemon and cilantro, if desired.
- Ingredient Tip: Preserved lemons are lemons that have been pickled in salt; their juices appear often in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisines. You can purchase them at specialty markets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes