- 3 pounds lamb shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 large red onion, vertically sliced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup picholine olives, pitted
- 4 cups hot cooked couscous
- 1 preserved lemon, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- calories 354
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 11.2 g
- satfat 3.2 g
- monofat 4.1 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 37.6 g
- carbohydrate 21.7 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- cholesterol 109 mg
- iron 3.3 mg
- sodium 616 mg
- calcium 56 mg
How to Make It
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of lamb to pan. Cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Place lamb in a 5-quart electric slow cooker. Repeat procedure with remaining lamb.
Add coriander, onion, and tomatoes to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
Add olives. Turn off slow cooker; let stand, covered, 30 minutes.
Place couscous in shallow bowls. Spoon lamb mixture over couscous. Garnish with preserved lemon and cilantro, if desired.
Ingredient Tip: Preserved lemons are lemons that have been pickled in salt; their juices appear often in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisines. You can purchase them at specialty markets.