Braised Kale, Sausage, and Creamy Polenta
Start with a healthy green like kale to be the cornerstone to a tasty meal of Braised Kale, Sausage, and Creamy Polenta. Luscious mascarpone cheese makes the polenta super creamy--and has fewer calories than butter!
More From Health
- Calories: 425
- Fat: 18.8g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 7mg
- Sodium: 705mg
- Calcium: 145mg
- Cooking spray
- 3 fully cooked chicken sausages, cut into chunks
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 4 cups Braised Kale without cheese
- 1. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Cook sausages over medium heat until browned (about 10 minutes).
- 2. Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add polenta. Cook on low, stirring, until thick (about 5 minutes). Stir in cheese, paprika, and pepper. Season with salt.
- 3. Add the kale to the sausage. Cook until hot (2-3 minutes). Serve over the creamy polenta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note