Great! I put walnuts and low sugar cranberries on top instead of cheese. Delish!
Braised Kale is a healthy and tasty choice for a green side. This recipe for Braised Kale also serves as an ingredient to three other recipes-- Braised Kale, Sausage, and Creamy Polenta, Whole-Wheat Pasta with Kale and Roast Chicken, Braised Kale Frittata.
More From Health
- Calories: 100
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 252mg
- Calcium: 93mg
- 1 large (14-oz) bunch kale
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 cup lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 ounce grated Parmesan (optional)
- 1. Strip the kale leaves from the tough stems. Discard the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Rinse well in a colander, leaving the water on the leaves.
- 2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until it's golden and aromatic (3-4 minutes). Transfer the garlic to a dish and reserve.
- 3. Reheat the oil over medium heat, then add the kale and the broth. Cover and simmer until the kale is tender (3-4 minutes). Season with the salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving platter and top with the garlic and Parmesan, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note