An incredibly simple yet delicious meal!! Make sure to use the jalapeno or maybe some red pepper flakes to add depth. It is also great served over some cooked quinoa or rice.
Braised Grouper with Ginger, Shiitake Mushrooms, and Chiles
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 246
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 7.2g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 1600mg
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- 4 6-ounce grouper fillets
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 heads baby bok choy, leaves separated
- 12 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced red jalapeño chile
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1. Season fillets with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan (not nonstick) over medium-high heat; add oil, then fillets. Cook until fillets start to brown on one side, about 2 minutes. Flip fillets and reduce heat to medium. Add stock, bok choy leaves, mushrooms, soy sauce, and ginger. Cover and cook until fish is opaque in the center, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Divide fish, mushrooms, and bok choy between 4 deep, wide soup plates. Pour stock over fish and vegetables (depending on size of your plates, you may have extra stock). Garnish with green onion and jalapeño and drizzle with toasted sesame oil.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This