- 4 6-ounce grouper fillets
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 heads baby bok choy, leaves separated
- 12 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced red jalapeño chile
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- calories 246
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- protein 35 g
- fat 7.6 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- carbohydrate 7.2 g
- fiber 1.2 g
- sodium 1600 mg
- cholesterol 63 mg
How to Make It
Season fillets with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan (not nonstick) over medium-high heat; add oil, then fillets. Cook until fillets start to brown on one side, about 2 minutes. Flip fillets and reduce heat to medium. Add stock, bok choy leaves, mushrooms, soy sauce, and ginger. Cover and cook until fish is opaque in the center, about 3 minutes.
Divide fish, mushrooms, and bok choy between 4 deep, wide soup plates. Pour stock over fish and vegetables (depending on size of your plates, you may have extra stock). Garnish with green onion and jalapeño and drizzle with toasted sesame oil.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.