Smelled so good but was pretty bland, I agree with the review that the potatoes were not close to being done either. Would recommend cutting them no bigger than half inch cubes.
Braised Chicken with Potatoes
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 284
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Sodium: 402mg
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatos, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (8 oz.) package frozen artichoke hearts
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon
- Rinse chicken and pat dry; season with salt and pepper. Spread flour in a shallow bowl and dredge each piece of chicken on both sides. In a large pan over medium-high heat, warm olive oil. Add chicken and fry, turning once, until golden brown on both sides (but still raw inside), 8 minutes. Transfer Friday chicken to a slow cooker.
- Reduce heat on stove to medium and add wine to pan (it will steam vigorously). With a wooden spoon, scrape up any browned bits that cling to pan. Bring to a boil, then pour liquid into slow cooker.
- Add broth, potatoes, artichoke hearts and garlic to slow cooker. Peel two 3-inch strips of lemon peel and add to slow cooker, along with juice from lemon.
- Turn slow cooker to high. Cook until chicken and potatoes are cooked through and tender, 2 hours and 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This