Horrible. Flavorless. Like bad hospital food. And the potatoes were still undercooked after 2.5 hours.
Braised Chicken with Potatoes
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 284
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Sodium: 402mg
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatos, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (8 oz.) package frozen artichoke hearts
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon
- Rinse chicken and pat dry; season with salt and pepper. Spread flour in a shallow bowl and dredge each piece of chicken on both sides. In a large pan over medium-high heat, warm olive oil. Add chicken and fry, turning once, until golden brown on both sides (but still raw inside), 8 minutes. Transfer Friday chicken to a slow cooker.
- Reduce heat on stove to medium and add wine to pan (it will steam vigorously). With a wooden spoon, scrape up any browned bits that cling to pan. Bring to a boil, then pour liquid into slow cooker.
- Add broth, potatoes, artichoke hearts and garlic to slow cooker. Peel two 3-inch strips of lemon peel and add to slow cooker, along with juice from lemon.
- Turn slow cooker to high. Cook until chicken and potatoes are cooked through and tender, 2 hours and 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This