- 6 chicken thighs (about 1 3/4 lb. total, bone in and skin on)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- About 1/2 teaspoon salt
- About 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups chopped shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 lemons (about 12 oz. total), rinsed, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vermouth or dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- calories 427
- caloriesfromfat 59 %
- protein 29 g
- fat 28 g
- satfat 7.3 g
- carbohydrate 21 g
- fiber 4.4 g
- sodium 420 mg
- cholesterol 132 mg
How to Make It
Rinse chicken and pat dry; trim and discard pockets of fat. In a bowl, mix vinegar, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add thighs; turn to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour.
Set a 5- to 6-quart ovenproof pan with lid over medium-high heat. Lift chicken thighs from marinade (reserve marinade) and arrange in a single layer in pan. Turn as necessary to brown on both sides, 4 to 6 minutes total. Transfer chicken to a rimmed plate and lower heat under pan. Add shallots and garlic to pan and stir frequently until shallots are limp, about 5 minutes. Return chicken to pan and add marinade, lemons, vermouth, and herbes de Provence.
Cover pan. Transfer to a 350° regular or convection oven and bake until chicken is very tender when pierced, 30 to 45 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into bowls to serve.