Braised means that you fry the thighs on all sides hot and fast, and then add to the pot. That is what I did with this recipe so it would meet the definition of the title...
Braised Chicken Thighs With Carrots and Potatoes
More From Southern Living
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 medium-size new potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bone-in, skinned chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds)
- Garnish: lemon slices
- Place onion in a lightly greased 6-quart slow cooker; top with potatoes and carrots. Combine 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, broth, and next 3 ingredients. Pour broth mixture over vegetables. Combine paprika, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; rub evenly over chicken thighs, and arrange on top of vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note