This is really good. Easy to prepare and my family loved it. While preparing for next weeks dinner menu, my husband requested I make this again!
Braised Chicken Thighs With Carrots and Potatoes
Substitute an extra 1/4 cup chicken broth in place of the wine, if you prefer.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 medium-size new potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bone-in, skinned chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds)
- Garnish: lemon slices
- Place onion in a lightly greased 6-quart slow cooker; top with potatoes and carrots. Combine 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, broth, and next 3 ingredients. Pour broth mixture over vegetables. Combine paprika, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; rub evenly over chicken thighs, and arrange on top of vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes