Serve over roasted pork or your favorite steak.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry red wine or port
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound whole chestnuts, shelled (about 2 1/2 to 3 cups nut meat)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion, and sauté 10 minutes or until tender and slightly browned. Add wine, and bring to a boil; cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add broth and remaining ingredients; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 1 hour or until chestnuts are tender and liquid is almost absorbed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments