Very good and fast!
Braised Cabbage and Leeks with Turkey Sausage
Serve this unpretentious dish with Ugly Bread (page 95) for a simple supper.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 sausage piece and 2 teaspoons mustard)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 187
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 14.3g
- Carbohydrate: 15.6g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 927mg
- Calcium: 118mg
- Cooking spray
- 8 cups thinly sliced green cabbage (about 2 pounds), divided
- 1 1/2 cups sliced leek (about 3 small)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound smoked turkey sausage, cut into 6 pieces
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add 4 cups cabbage and leek. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Stir in remaining cabbage and pepper. Cover and cook 5 minutes; stir in broth.
- Add sausage to pan, nestling pieces into vegetable mixture. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until sausage is heated. Serve with mustard.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes