Braised Broccoli with Turkey Sausage
Tina Williams came up with this savory dish one morning for breakfast, but we thought it made a great lunch or dinner entrée too, especially when served over soft polenta.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from fat: 49%
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 8.9g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sodium: 591mg
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- 8 turkey sausage patties (about 8 oz. total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (8 oz.), peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups broccoli florets (about 8 oz.), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes, rinsed, stemmed, and halved
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (about 1 oz.)
- 1. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, cook sausage patties in a single layer, turning once, until well browned on both sides and no longer pink in the center, about 8 minutes total. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- 2. Return pan to medium heat. Add oil, onion, and garlic and cook until onion is limp and starting to brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Add broccoli; cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is tender when pierced, 4 to 6 minutes.
- 3. Gently stir in sausage and tomatoes and cook just until hot, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This