- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes, divided
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch (1 lb.) broccoli rabe, trimmed and cut into 3-in. pieces
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook garlic until lightly browned, 3 minutes. Add onion and 1/2 tsp. each salt and chile flakes and cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes more. Add vinegar and broccoli rabe, stirring to coat.
Reduce heat to medium-low and add 1/2 cup water. Cook, covered, until thick stems are fork tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 tsp. each salt and chile flakes.