Braised Brisket and Vegetables
Easy recipe with rich gravy. One pot.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) Veg oil
- 3 pound(s) Beef brisket
- 1 teaspoon(s) Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) Pepper
- 1 pound(s) Carrots
- 1 pound(s) Small red potatoes
- 1 piece(s) Onions
- 1/4 cup(s) Tomato paste
- 5 cup(s) Low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) Cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oven to 350. Heat the oil in a 5 to 6 quart Dutch oven over medium high heat. Season the meat with salt and pepper. Add the brisket to the Dutch oven and brown on all sides. Transfer to a plate.
- Add carrots, potatoes, onions and salt and pepper to the Dutch oven and cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables start to soften, 5 to 7 minutes. Mix tomato paste with chicken broth. Add the broth, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce to the pot and stir to combine.
- Nestlé the brisket in the vegetables and bring to a boil. Cover and transfer to the oven. Cook until the brisket is tender 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Let rest for at least 10 minutes before eating.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Suzmoss and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note