Braised bratwurst sandwich with potatoes
- 5 bratwursts - I use johnsonville
- dash(es) cayan
- dash(es) cayan pepper
- 1 cup(s) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup(s) dry white wine
- dash(es) garlic powder
- 3 large yellow potatoes
- dash(es) marjoram
- dash(es) olive oil
- dash(es) oregano
- dash(es) paprika
- 1/2 red onion
- 5 rolls
- Slice the onion and cook in olive oil till fragrant. Add whole bratwurst and brown. Sprinkle the brats with cayan and paprika and keep as much of the onions on top as possible.
- Chop potatoes while brats cook. Sear until visible on brats. Add stock, potatoes, wine, and season further to taste. Let cook on medium/medium high heat for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- As the dish finishes cooking, half the rolls and grill lightly in a pan. Take the bratwurst and cut in half placing flat on the roll. Top with sliced cheese. Serve with potatoes and onion as a side.
- The brats are juicy enough that you don't need anything else unless you have a taste for it. The juice makes a nice gravy for the potatoes or if you like an extra juicy sandwich.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by corduroymage and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note