Braised Beef in Cream Sauce
- 3-4 pound(s) boneless pot roast (sirloin tip, bottom round, rump or
- 1 tablespoon(s) shortening
- 2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 large clove(s) garlic
- 4 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- watercress or parsely
- In Dutch oven or heavy casserole with cover, slowly brown meat on all sides in hot shortening. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add water; cover and simmer 1 1/2 to 3 hours, or until meat is tender. Remove from kettle, allow to stand 20 minutes then slice thinly.
- Pour off pan juices and save for another use. Heat butter in kettle until it bubbles and browns. Add cream, garlic, lemon juice, about 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring, about 3 minutes or until sauce reduces slightly.
- Spoon half the sauce over bottom of a shallow heat-proof serving platter. Arrange meat slices, slightly overlapping in sauce. Pour remaining sauce over top. Near serving time, bake in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Spoon sauce over meat. Sprinkle with parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Mhiggins4 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note