Braised Beef & Mushrooms in Cabernet Sauce
More From Bertolli Pasta Sauce
- 2 pounds boneless chuck roast or stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 package (10 oz.) mushrooms, quartered
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jar Bertolli® Vineyard Premium Collections Fire Roasted Tomato with Cabernet Sauvignon Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375°. In large bowl, season beef, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper, then toss with flour.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon Olive Oil over medium-high heat and brown beef, in two batches. Remove to 3-quart oven proof casserole.
In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon Olive Oil and cook onions and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Add carrots and garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in remaining ingredients, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan. Turn into casserole; toss with beef. Bake covered 2 hours or until beef is tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This