Brains In Sherry Sauce
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2 pounds veal brains
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup half-and-half, divided
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sherry
- toast points (optional)
- Wash brains thoroughly in cold water; carefully remove membrane. Drain well.
- Combine flour, mustard, salt, and pepper; dredge brains in flour mixture, coating well. Set aside.
- Sauté onion and green pepper in hot oil in a large Dutch oven until tender. Add brains, and cook until browned, turning gently to brown all sides.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup half-and-half. Cover and cook over low heat 40 minutes. Combine remaining half-and-half, Parmesan cheese, and sherry. Pour over brains mixture; cook an additional 5 minutes over low heat. Serve immediately over toast points, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes