The directions state to microwave on high 2 minutes until desired doneness. Let stand 2 minutes. Microwave on high 2 minutes. What I'm reading is to get it done in 2 min., let stand and then nuke it for another 2 min.!! Why zap it for 2 additional minutes when it is already done??
For a shorter prep time, omit the braiding step. Cut salmon fillet into four (six-ounce) pieces, and cook as directed in braided method.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 4 ounces fish and 1 tablespoon sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 258
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Protein: 32.6g
- Carbohydrate: 1.3g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 455mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) skinless salmon fillet
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- Combine ginger, salt, and peanut oil in a small bowl. Brush over fillet; set aside.
- Combine onions, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Cut salmon vertically into 3 (15 x 1-inch) ropes; reserve remaining salmon for another use. Braid ropes; secure with wooden picks. Place braid in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Cover dish with plastic wrap. Microwave at high for 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 2 minutes. Microwave at high 2 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the microwave. Drizzle onion mixture over fish.
- Wine note: As simply prepared as this salmon is, the final touch of soy sauce, sesame oil, and green onions gives the dish lots of punch. For any prospective wine partner, the challenge is to stand up to each of these dramatic flavors. A superfruity, nonoaky white such as Theo Minges "Gleisweiler Hölle" Riesling Spatlese 2004 from Pfalz, Germany, $20, is a fine counterpoint. -Karen MacNeil
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes