1. Process ingredients on dough cycle, according to manufacturer's directions. Add raisins and almonds when fruit and nut signal sounds (or 5 minutes before end of last kneading).
2. At the end of the cycle, scrape the dough onto a board lightly coated with all-purpose flour. Divide dough into 3 equal pieces. Roll each piece to form a rope about 12 inches long.
3. Cover loaf lightly with plastic wrap and let stand in a warm place until puffy, about 35 minutes. Remove plastic wrap.
4. Beat 1 large egg yolk to blend with 1 tablespoon water. Brush braid with egg mixture.
5. Bake braid in a 350° oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Cool on a rack at least 15 minutes before slicing. Serve hot, warm, or cool.