- 2 dozen small sprigs fresh boxwood
- 3 dozen sour cherry candies*
- Glazed Tangerine Seqments
- Sugared Fruit Ribbons
- Just before serving, arrange boxwood sprigs, cherry candies, Glazed Tangerine Segments, and Sugared Fruit Ribbons in a decorative pattern to form a wreath around the outer edges of your holiday cake.
- Sugared Fruit Ribbons: Create ribbons from strawberry-flavored chewy fruit rolls by the foot. (They come in 4.5-ounce packages. One roll from the package will provide enough ribbon for the garland.) Unroll fruit roll, and remove paper backing. Using scissors, cut roll in half lengthwise to form 2 narrow ribbons. Brush both sides of each ribbon lightly with water, and sprinkle evenly with granulated sugar. Let dry for 15 minutes on a wire rack. Cut into desired lengths, and arrange as desired in the garland.
- Glazed Tangerine Segments: Separate a peeled tangerine into individual segments, and brush lightly with corn syrup to create the look of glazed fruit.
- *Sour cherry candies are available by the pound at Target and candy outlets. They are also available at some grocery stores in packages. Any round, red candies may be substituted.
- Note: Boxwood makes a nice garnish but is poisonous if ingested, so be sure to warn guests not to eat it.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This