- 2 dozen small sprigs fresh boxwood
- 3 dozen sour cherry candies*
- Glazed Tangerine Seqments
- Sugared Fruit Ribbons
- Just before serving, arrange boxwood sprigs, cherry candies, Glazed Tangerine Segments, and Sugared Fruit Ribbons in a decorative pattern to form a wreath around the outer edges of your holiday cake.
- Sugared Fruit Ribbons: Create ribbons from strawberry-flavored chewy fruit rolls by the foot. (They come in 4.5-ounce packages. One roll from the package will provide enough ribbon for the garland.) Unroll fruit roll, and remove paper backing. Using scissors, cut roll in half lengthwise to form 2 narrow ribbons. Brush both sides of each ribbon lightly with water, and sprinkle evenly with granulated sugar. Let dry for 15 minutes on a wire rack. Cut into desired lengths, and arrange as desired in the garland.
- Glazed Tangerine Segments: Separate a peeled tangerine into individual segments, and brush lightly with corn syrup to create the look of glazed fruit.
- *Sour cherry candies are available by the pound at Target and candy outlets. They are also available at some grocery stores in packages. Any round, red candies may be substituted.
- Note: Boxwood makes a nice garnish but is poisonous if ingested, so be sure to warn guests not to eat it.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note