- 4 large potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Cut 2 potatoes into cubes; cook potato cubes and 1 teaspoon salt in boiling water to cover 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash with a potato masher; set aside.
- Shred remaining 2 potatoes; press between layers of paper towels to remove excess water.
- Combine mashed and shredded potatoes in a large bowl; stir in remaining 1 teaspoon salt, onions, and next 4 ingredients. Gradually add flour to form a soft dough; shape into 12 patties.
- Fry patties, in batches, in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch