Bowties with Broccoli and Sausage
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 739
- Fat: 54g
- Saturated fat: 19g
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 141mg
- Sodium: 435mg
- 1 head broccoli, stalks removed, cut into small florets (about 6 cups, loosely packed)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 sweet or hot Italian sausages (1 1/4 lb.)
- 1 pound bowtie pasta (farfalle)
- 1/3 cup pimiento strips (2 oz.)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 oz.), plus extra for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli and return to a boil. Cook until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a bowl. Add salt, pepper and olive oil. Mash roughly with a fork.
- Remove casings from sausages and crumble meat into a large skillet. (Or cut into slices and brown sausages in casings.) Add 1/4 cup water and cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until water has evaporated, fat is rendered and sausage is no longer pink anywhere, 10 to 12 minutes.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, prepare pasta according to package directions. Set aside 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta well and return to pot. Add broccoli, sausage, pimiento, Parmesan and 1/2 cup reserved pasta water. Toss to mix well. Serve with extra Parmesan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This