Lump Crab Cakes from Bowens Island
Photo: Oxmoor House
Moist, salty, and fantastic, these rival anything from Maryland.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound fresh jumbo lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Dash of freshly ground pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 3/4 cups coarsely crushed saltine crackers (24 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. Pick crabmeat, removing any bits of shell.
- 2. Whisk together mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Gently fold in crackers and crabmeat. Shape mixture into 6 (3-inch) patties. Cover and chill 1 hour or until firm.
- 3. Cook 3 patties in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and patties.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note