Although I would not serve this on a special occasion it was very, very good, even better the second time around. We will definitely add it to our rotation.
Bow-Tie Pasta with Sausage
Easy side: Combine 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, 1/4 cup softened butter, and 2 minced garlic cloves. Spread on French bread slices, and bake at 375° until golden brown.
More From Southern Living
- 1 (12-oz.) package farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 3/4 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 (9-oz.) package fresh spinach*
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in vinegar, and cook 3 minutes. Add chicken broth; cook 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and next 3 ingredients; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in hot cooked pasta, and serve immediately.
- *Fresh baby spinach may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note