Loved it - so did my husband who is usually very critical. So easy to make & would be wonderful to serve at summer dinner party. Only change was to substitute kalamata olives.
Bow Tie Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Capers, and Basil
Make use of garden fresh tomatoes and basil with this Mediterranean-inspired pasta dish. Serve warm with a crisp side salad and garlic bread or chill and enjoy at an afternoon picnic.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 315
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 8.8g
- Carbohydrate: 50.7g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 641mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 4 cups hot cooked bow tie pasta
- 4 cups halved cherry tomatoes (about 2 pints)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted niÃ§oise olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Red wine vinegar (optional)
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl, and toss well. Sprinkle vinegar over each serving, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes