Delicious! I used Kalamata olives, since that is what I had on hand and eased up on the red pepper. I also added some fresh corn to the salad which gave it some sweetness. I will definitely make this again.
Bow Tie Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Capers, and Basil
Make use of garden fresh tomatoes and basil with this Mediterranean-inspired pasta dish. Serve warm with a crisp side salad and garlic bread or chill and enjoy at an afternoon picnic.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 315
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 8.8g
- Carbohydrate: 50.7g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 641mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 4 cups hot cooked bow tie pasta
- 4 cups halved cherry tomatoes (about 2 pints)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted niçoise olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Red wine vinegar (optional)
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl, and toss well. Sprinkle vinegar over each serving, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This