I thought this was really good and fresh tasting. I used fresh oregano from our garden, and also added fresh basil for a little more flavor. I will be making this again!
Bow Tie Pasta Toss
Yield: Makes 2 to 3 main-dish or 4 to 6 side-dish servings
More From Southern Living
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 (2.25-oz.) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 (4-oz.) package crumbled feta cheese
- Garnish: fresh oregano sprigs
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions, adding 1/2 tsp. salt to water; drain well.
- 2. Place pasta in a large bowl, and stir in tomatoes, olives, and onion.
- 3. Whisk together olive oil, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt; add to pasta mixture, tossing to coat. Let stand 10 minutes; stir in feta. Garnish, if desired.
- Kitchen Express: Substitute 6 Tbsp. balsamic vinaigrette for olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and oregano. Proceed as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes