This is delicious and a beautiful presentation.
Bourbon-Sweet Potato Stacks
Yield: Makes 12 servings
- 6 medium-size sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Garnish: pecan halves
- Bring sweet potatoes and water to cover to a boil in a large Dutch oven over high heat. Reduce heat, and cook 30 to 45 minutes or just until potatoes are tender. Drain and let cool to touch; peel. Cut ends off, and discard. Cut remaining potato into 1-inch-thick rounds. Arrange slices evenly into 12 stacks in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with chopped pecans.
- Combine butter and next 6 ingredients; pour evenly over potatoes.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables