Bourbon Street Muffuletta Braid
- 2 teaspoon(s) capers
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped green olives
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup(s) drained roasted red bell peppers (from 7 oz. jar), diced
- 1 whole(s) egg
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) finely chopped garlic
- 2 ounce(s) Genoa salami
- 2 can(s) Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 ounce(s) thinly sliced ham
- 4 ounce(s) thinly sliced mortadella (from deli)
- 4 ounce(s) thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 1 teaspoon(s) water
- * Heat oven to 350F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. In medium bowl, mix olives, red peppers, oil, vinegar, capers, garlic and salt; set aside.
- * On large cookie sheet, unroll both dough sheets, placing long sides together to make 15x12-inch rectangle; press edges to seal. In small bowl, beat egg and water until well blended; brush thin layer over dough. Reserve remaining egg mixture.
- * Place ham lengthwise down center of rectangle in 6-inch-wide strip. Layer ham with salami, cheese, olive mixture and mortadella. Using kitchen scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on each long side of rectangle to within 1/2 inch of filling. Fold strips of dough diagonally over filling, alternating from side to side and pressing to seal. Brush remaining egg mixture over dough.
- * Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet 10 minutes. Cut crosswise into slices. Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LovelVA53 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note