I've made this recipe twice. The first time I followed the directions, however, it was much too sweet. It says to add lemon-lime soda like Sprite or such instead of the bourbon. But adding the soda even with the bourbon actually makes this drink drinkable. Using just the pineapple juice, lemonade and limeade was not enough. You need to cut it with a soda like Sprite. Once that's added, it's so good, and with it being slushy, it makes any occasion seem special!
More From Southern Living
Total: 9 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 1 (64-oz.) container pineapple juice
- 1 (12-oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (12-oz.) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups bourbon*
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- Garnish: maraschino cherries
- 1. Stir together first 4 ingredients and 1 cup water. Divide mixture into 2 (1-gal.) zip-top plastic freezer bags; seal and freeze 8 hours.
- 2. Remove from freezer, and let stand 1 hour or until softened and beginning to melt. Using hands, squeeze bags until mixture is slushy. Spoon 2 cups mixture into each serving glass. Top each with 2 tsp. cherry juice. (Do not stir.) Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.
- *Lemon lime soft drink may be substituted for bourbon.
When serving, don't stir. The cherry juice will drip down to the bottom of the glass, producing colorful layers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bourbon Slushies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages, Beverages, Alcoholic
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Freezable, Make-Ahead, No-Cook, 5 Ingredients or Less
- CUISINE: American, Southern
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Meatless, Low Saturated Fat
- OCCASION: Christmas
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living
More Recipes for Beverages