- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cooked, mashed pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons bourbon, heated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 unbaked (9-inch) pastry shell
How to Make It
Cream butter and sugar in a medium mixing bowl; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine pumpkin, milk, bourbon, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add pumpkin mixture to egg mixture, mixing well.
Pour filling into pastry shell. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°, and continue baking 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool before serving.