Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 1/2 cups chopped toasted pecans, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Spread 1 cup pecans into a 9-inch circle on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bring sugar and next 3 ingredients to a boil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook until mixture is golden brown and a candy thermometer registers 290° to 310° (about 15 minutes). Pour sugar mixture over pecans on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with morsels; let stand 30 seconds. Spread melted morsels evenly over top; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Chill 1 hour. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts