These buttery Bourbon-Pecan Snowflakes make for well received holiday gifts and party nibbles.
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 40 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 4 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Wax and parchment paper
- 1. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until smooth. Stir in pecans, bourbon, and vanilla until blended.
- 2. Stir together flour and next 2 ingredients. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- 3. Divide dough in half; flatten each into a disk. Roll each disk to 1/4-inch thickness between 2 sheets of wax paper. Transfer dough, in wax paper, to a baking sheet; chill 1 hour.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350°. Working with 1 portion of dough at a time, remove top wax paper; cut with a 3-inch snowflake-shaped cutter, rerolling dough scraps once. Place 1 inch apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 14 to 16 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute; transfer to wire racks. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts