Easy weeknight meal. I made it lower fat by using whole milk instead of cream. I added about 1 Tbsp. of flour to the butter to thicken the sauce. I also forgot to add the remaining 1/4 cup of bourbon, but flavor still came through.
Yield: 2 main-dish or 4 side dish servings
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup refrigerated shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic, and sauté until tender.
- Add 1/2 cup bourbon, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in whipping cream and cheese. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese melts. Gradually stir in remaining 1/4 cup bourbon; stir in pecans and parsley. Pour over pasta; toss. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note