This is a great party drink but I messed it up a little by trying to multiply the recipe. Next time I'll make it in small batches and pay closer attention to how long the tea steeps. I let it go longer than 10 minutes and the tea flavor overpowered the lemonade, mint, and bourbon.
Bourbon-Lemonade Iced Tea
More From Southern Living
Steep: 10 Minutes
- 3 cups water
- 2 family-size tea bags
- 1 (1-oz.) package fresh mint leaves (about 1 cup loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 (6-oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- Garnish: fresh citrus slices
- 1. Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan. Remove from heat, add tea bags, and stir in fresh mint. Cover and steep 10 minutes.
- 2. Remove and discard tea bags and mint. Stir in sugar until dissolved.
- 3. Pour tea into a 3-qt. container, and stir in 4 cups cold water, bourbon, and lemonade concentrate. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note