Bourbon Glazed Skirt Steak by Chef Aaron McCargo, Jr. and Fresenius Medical Care
Temperatures are heating up, and nothing says summer like BBQ! Chef Aaron McCargo Jr., star of the Food Network’s “Big Daddy’s House,” has partnered with Fresenius Medical Care North America to develop tasty, renal-friendly recipes for dialysis patients. The Bourbon Glazed Skirt Steak, which is perfect for hot summer months, was made for people living with chronic kidney disease as well as their families and friends.
Yield: 1 serving
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) beef
- • ¼ cup diced shallots
- • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold diced
- • 1 cup bourbon
- • ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- • 1 tablespoon black pepper
- In small sauce pan on medium-high heat brown shallots in 1 tablespoon butter. Reduce heat to low, remove pan from heat, add bourbon and place sauce pan back on heat. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until reduced slightly, by about one-third. Add brown sugar, mustard and black pepper and stir until bubbly. Turn off heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons cold cubed butter, stirring constantly until well incorporated.
- Skirt Steak
- • 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- • ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- • ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- • 1 teaspoon black pepper
- • 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- • 2 pounds beef skirt steak
- Mix first 5 ingredients in gallon-size storage bag, add steaks and shake well. Allow steaks to rest in bag at room temperature for 30-45 minutes. Remove steaks from bag, grill for 15-20 minutes each side, then remove and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice and serve with a drizzle of sauce or leave whole and brush with glaze and put in pre-heated broiler for 4-6 minutes or until desired look.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by FullandBy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes