This grilled shrimp appetizer recipe won "Best Seafood Dish" in a local barbecue contest. To get the best flavor, use a high-quality bourbon.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 91
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 9.4g
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 0.5g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 161mg
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 24 shelled, deveined shrimp (26 to 30 per lb.), rinsed and drained
- 6 slices bacon, each cut into quarters (halved lengthwise and then crosswise)
- 1. In a 2-quart pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and add Bourbon, Worcestershire, and hot sauce. Light contents with a long match and let the alcohol burn off. Return to low heat and add butter, one piece at a time, stirring to incorporate into sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Heat broiler to high and position a rack 5 to 6 inches away from the heating element. Meanwhile, lay each shrimp on its side, place a piece of bacon along its back (cut bacon to fit lengthwise if necessary), roll up loosely, and secure with a skewer or toothpick. Arrange shrimp in a single layer on a 10- by 15-inch pan. Brush liberally with Bourbon sauce. Broil 3 to 4 minutes, turn, brush with more sauce, and broil another 2 minutes, or until cooked through. Discard extra sauce.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per piece.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note