Super-easy. Made local peaches to recipe and served at room temp and subbed yogurt with ¼c Trader Joe's French Vanilla ice cream and light sprinkle of cinnamon. Very nice.
Bourbon-Glazed Peaches With Yogurt
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 peach halves and about 1/4 cup yogurt)
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 201
- Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 36.4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 87mg
- Calcium: 76mg
- 1 (2-inch) piece vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 5 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 firm, ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 1. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into a medium bowl. Combine seeds, bean, yogurt, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, and a dash of salt. Let stand for 1 hour; discard bean.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar, remaining dash of salt, bourbon, and vanilla extract in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add peaches; toss gently. Arrange peaches, cut side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Reserve sugar mixture. Bake peaches at 350° for 10 minutes. Turn peach halves over; drizzle cavities with reserved sugar mixture. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until just tender. Serve with yogurt and juices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts