More From Southern Living
Stand: 15 Minutes
- 1 (10-pound) smoked fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup bourbon or apple juice, divided
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 3/4 cup whole cloves
- 2 navel oranges, sliced
- Wrap ham in aluminum foil, and place in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan; bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- Remove ham from oven, and increase heat to 450°. Unwrap; discard foil. Remove skin and excess fat from ham. Score fat on ham in a diamond pattern and insert cloves at 1-inch intervals.
- Stir together 1/4 cup bourbon, sugar, and mustard in a small bowl; set aside. Brush ham with remaining 1/2 cup bourbon. Pat sugar mixture evenly over ham; arrange orange slices over sugar and secure with wooden picks. Lightly baste with drippings; bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until sugar has melted and formed a glaze.
- Clairiece Gilbert Humphrey
- 1533 Broad Avenue
- Charlottesville, VA 22903
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note