My husband and I love these brownies! I have taken them to his work and the employees loved them there. I have made them at least 5 times and he requested I made them again for his birthday Friday to take bring to his work again. Which is why I am searching for this recipe again right now! They are very thick and he likes to add a little more bourbon than the recipe calls for as it is just a very mild flavor.
Bourbon-Cream Cheese Brownies
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 4 (1-oz.) unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom and sides of a 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides; lightly grease foil.
- 2. Microwave chocolate squares and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Whisk in brown sugar and 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar. Add 3 eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. Whisk in vanilla, salt, and 1 cup flour. Spread half of batter in prepared pan.
- 3. Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; add 2 Tbsp. flour and remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar, beating until blended. Add bourbon and remaining 1 egg, beating until blended.
- 4. Pour cream cheese mixture over brownie batter in pan; top with remaining brownie batter, and swirl together.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Lift brownies from pan, using foil sides as handles. Gently remove foil; cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies