I used the Burbon-Cranberry sauce on a Turkey Breast. I lifted the skin and brushed underneath it and then basted the breast with it as it cooked. It was wonderful. Moist turkey with a hint of cranberry.
Bourbon-Cranberry Turkey Tenderloin
More From Southern Living
Stand: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 4 pounds turkey tenderloins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- Garnish: grilled orange slices
- 1. Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat, and let stand 30 minutes or to room temperature. Remove 1/2 cup cranberry mixture; reserve remaining mixture.
- 2. Rinse tenderloins, and pat dry with paper towels. Brush with 1/4 cup cranberry mixture, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3. Grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 10 to 12 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 165°, basting occasionally with 1/4 cup cranberry mixture. Remove from heat, and let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved cranberry mixture.
- 4. Bourbon-Cranberry Roasted Turkey: Substitute 1 (14-lb.) whole fresh turkey for tenderloins. Remove giblets and neck, and rinse turkey with cold water. Drain cavity well; pat dry. Let turkey stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare cranberry mixture as directed in Step 1. Place turkey, breast side up, on a lightly greased wire rack in a roasting pan. If desired, tie ends of legs together with kitchen string; tuck wing tips under. Brush with 2 Tbsp. melted butter, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 325° for 3 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion of thigh registers 170°, brushing with 1/2 cup cranberry mixture during the last 30 minutes of roasting. (If turkey starts to brown too much, cover loosely with aluminum foil.) Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving. Serve with reserved cranberry mixture. Makes 8 to 10 servings. Prep: 20 min.; Cook: 15 min.; Stand: 1 hr., 15 min.; Bake: 3 hr., 30 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes