Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) boneless chicken breast sliced
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) ginger minced
- 1/3 cup(s) carrots chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cube(s) fruit juice (orange, apple or pineapple)
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/3 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1/3 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) ketchup
- 1 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) orange peel finely chopped
- 2-3 cup(s) broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken from pan. Add garlic, ginger and carrot. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (except broccoli and corn starch).
- Heat sauce over medium until well mixed and dissolved.
- Add chicken back to pan and bring to a rapid boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for ~20 minutes.
- Add 2 Tbs water to cornstarch, mix to form a slurry.
- Add cornstarch slurry and broccoli to pan, cover and simmer 3-5 minutes until heated through and sauce is thickened.
- Serve over rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by eroespar and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bourbon Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes