This dish does not taste like every other glazed carrot recipe. The bourbon flavor is prominent, though not overpowering. All of which means I liked them, and my wife didn't.
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 pounds baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan; add carrots, granulated sugar, and salt. Return to a boil, and cook 5 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in carrots, and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes or until well coated. Add bourbon, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 more minutes. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This