An easy and good recipe. I was only able to marinate the meat for about 3-4 hours but it still had good flavor. I broiled it (too cold and snow in Ohio) to BBQ and that was fine but would have been better flavor grilled. The potatoes were a little on the pasty side but flavor was good. Served with a salad.
Bourbon and Brown Sugar Flank Steak with Garlic-Chive Mashed Potatoes
Marinate budget-friendly flank steak in a sweet and tangy bourbon sauce, then grill until done. Serve with the homemade garlic-chive mashed potatoes and a mixed green salad.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 456
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 15.4g
- Saturated fat: 7.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 29.1g
- Carbohydrate: 45.9g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Iron: 4.8mg
- Sodium: 887mg
- Calcium: 84mg
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (2-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 pounds small red potatoes
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 8 fresh chives, cut into 1-inch pieces
- To prepare steak, combine first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add steak. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally. Remove steak from bag, reserving marinade.
- Prepare grill.
- Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Combine reserved marinade and cornstarch in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- To prepare potatoes, place potatoes and garlic in a large Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Return potatoes and garlic to pan, and place over medium heat. Add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mash potato mixture to desired consistency with a potato masher. Stir in chopped chives. Mound 3/4 cup potatoes on each of 8 plates; arrange 3 ounces steak around each serving of potatoes. Drizzle 1 tablespoon sauce on each plate; sprinkle with chive pieces, if desired.
Pork tenderloin will also work in this recipe.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes