- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (2-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 pounds small red potatoes
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 8 fresh chives, cut into 1-inch pieces
- calories 456
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 15.4 g
- satfat 7.4 g
- monofat 4.9 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 29.1 g
- carbohydrate 45.9 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- cholesterol 77 mg
- iron 4.8 mg
- sodium 887 mg
- calcium 84 mg
How to Make It
To prepare steak, combine first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add steak. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally. Remove steak from bag, reserving marinade.
Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut diagonally across grain into thin slices.
Combine reserved marinade and cornstarch in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
To prepare potatoes, place potatoes and garlic in a large Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Return potatoes and garlic to pan, and place over medium heat. Add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mash potato mixture to desired consistency with a potato masher. Stir in chopped chives. Mound 3/4 cup potatoes on each of 8 plates; arrange 3 ounces steak around each serving of potatoes. Drizzle 1 tablespoon sauce on each plate; sprinkle with chive pieces, if desired.
Pork tenderloin will also work in this recipe.